COLUMBIA MEDICAL ASSOCIATES, a multi-location provider of healthcare services, is looking for qualified individuals to work with our team. We are currently looking for a full-time RN, Clinic Lead for our Spokane Valley Associated Family Physicians Clinic.
We are searching for a dynamic team player who will bring energy and positivity to our team. Must be able to work with a variety of people, including patients, co-workers and our Providers, taking direction as given. Must be a go-getter who is flexible and willing to jump in where and whenever needed.
Did we mention our fantastic benefits? Medical, Dental, Short & Long term disability, 401 K, Flexible Spending Program to mention a few. We also offer paid holiday hours in addition to other types of paid time off.
The Clinical Lead provides direct patient care and coordinates the day to day clinical activities of a busy Primary Care clinic. Directs front and back office quality care and customer service as it relates to the clinic’s Nursing services. Collaborates and communicates patient care and staffing needs to ensure efficiency and problem resolution. Works closely with assigned Clinic Manager in regards to front/back office workflows and personnel issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Supervises, trains and mentors nursing staff, working closely with Clinic Manager to resolve issues.
- Conducts regularly scheduled nursing meetings to share information and conduct training. May include working with Clinic Manager to include other departments as necessary in order to disseminate information and ensure seamless workflow processes through clear and concise communication.
- Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary. Coordinates and supervises the assignments of routine tasks to selected members of the clinic staff in order to keep the clinic operational. Facilitates coordination of services with the non-medical clinic staff to obtain optimum patient flow and increased patient satisfaction. Assists in the development and/or delivery of orientation and/or education processes for staff and patients.
- Responsible for establishing nursing schedules, to include all Nursing staff (RN, LPN, MA). Ensures proper coverage and takes sick calls from MA’s and plans replacement coverage.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitor tasks and refills to ensure all are completed daily. May need to assign MA’s to this task to ensure it is complete.
- Triage all clinic calls. Utilizes the nursing process to facilitate appropriate nursing interventions during patient triage. Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions. Utilizing advanced clinical practice expertise, guides others in executing procedures and interventions. Assists others in evaluating interventions to achieve optimal patient outcomes. May back-up other clinics as necessary when Clinical Lead counter-parts are out of the office.
- Assist with Nurse Visits when necessary.
- Responsible for making follow-up phone calls to high risk patients (i.e. ER frequent flyers)
- Order medical supplies through established process.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment and rooms are maintained and in order. May delegate these responsibilities as appropriate. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oxygen Tanks – check weekly to ensure working properly and that each tank has a nasal cannula and mask attached for emergencies.
- Eye Wash log – Check weekly.
- Autoclave – Spore test weekly, clean monthly.
- Crash Cart – ensures crash cart is fully stocked and expiration dates are current.
- Patient Exam Room – Ensure exam rooms are clean, stocked, and expiration dates are current. * Ensure Medical Assistants are completing Medication Prior Auth process; may assist occasionally when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all clinic staff are aware of Codes. May need to hold semi-annual Mock Code trainings.
- Manages medication samples. Tags each sample and logs in sample log book. Ensures MA’s are documenting in chart.
- Must understand the FAA and DOT process so MA’s can be backed-up if necessary.
- Troubleshoot IT issues. Will follow up with IT/Helpdesk with issues such as EKG machine not connecting to EMR.
- Ensure proper MA workflows are in place, i.e. using WA PMP prior to applicable visits, checking the last date of the pain contract and if patient is due for a toxicology screen.
- Participates in the evaluation of products, procedures and patient standards. Identifies performance improvement opportunities. Develops criteria that address performance improvement issues. Serves as a resource and positive proactive behavioral leader for the department.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical coordination of a multi-disciplinary team as a resource/mentor to others (health care team/community) in promoting continuity of care to patients and families. Participates in studies, evaluations, etc. that may result in product standardization and cost savings/control. Assists in the development of patient care standards. Develops and/or implements teaching activities in response to patient care standards, policies, new equipment etc. to improve patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be “on-call."